Choose your tutorialDoes a compost bin or worm farm suit your needs best? All Tutorials
Compost bins accelerate nature's nutrient reycling using heat created within above ground chambers or rotating tumblers.
- Processes lots of food scraps plus garden waste.
- Place above ground units on open soil. Tumblers go anywhere including balconies.
- Low maintenance.
Produces rich compost for your garden (Tumblers produce liquid fertiliser also).
Hungry worms break down food scraps into solid and liquid nutrients in compact multi-tray and larger single tray farms.
- Processes medium amounts of food scraps, primarily fruit and vegetables.
- Suitable for indoor as well as outdoor placement.
- A bit more maintenance.
Produces rich harvestable worm castings as well as lots of liquid fertiliser for your garden.
Bokashi uses anaerobic bacteria to ferment food waste into a readily decomposable ferment in a sealed kitchen bench bin.
- Ferments medium amounts of food scraps, all kinds!
- Suitable for kitchen or outdoor placement.
- Low maintenance, except when emptying.
Produces fermented food scraps (you then bury in soil) and lots of liquid fertiliser for your garden.